Day 169 & 170: I recently ready a fantastic book, Carry On Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton. The book was given to me by my dear, sweet friend, Lindsay. This book is changing my life.
Aside from the fact that Glennon is absolutely hilarious. She has a fantastic blog, Momastary. She is followed by like hundreds of thousands of people and is inspiring countless lives. Why? Because she decided to be honest. She decided to get honest and truthful about her life. And, she wrote about it on her blog. And, then she wrote a book. And, like I said, her book is awesome.
Why has this book changed my life? Because that is my own wish – to live honestly. And, when we see others living honestly and authentically, it is almost like it puts the wind beneath our sails to continue… carrying on.
I started this #365things project to get off Facebook. I declared that I would take my social media apps off my phone and limit my time online to 30 minutes a day. I would “blog” as in, on my website, something each day to document my first year as a parent and mom to #sirellisroy.
Are you ready for some transparency?
– I am not writing on my website. Right now I am writing this post in an email to myself and then I will copy and paste that into instagram and post my picture for the day. I don’t know what the hell is going on with my website, my former life, in this moment (Where is My Guru). And, that is ok. So, I write instagram blogs. And, I am looking for a new website where I can store this project, if nothing then for Ellis to have this record one day of his crazy mama’s thoughts, ideas and inspirations.
– It is probably and most likely true that I exceed my Facebook quota for the day, on most days. Not all. But most. To be fair, I work in social media and have to be on social sites to help pay da bills, but really, who are we kidding… I exceed my quote “outside” of my professional use.
– The social media apps? Well, they are back on my phone. I found myself cheating for a few months and actually using the “Facebook website” on my phone instead of the app. Like that made it “ok.” I’ve been wracked with guilt not coming clean. So there you have it. I downloaded the FB app back to my phone the other day.
What I don’t do anymore?
– I don’t troll the newsfeed aimlessly
– I don’t get all wrapped up and attached to “what I think I am supposed to be doing” by enviously looking at other peoples lives and accomplishments. I AM doing what I am supposed to be doing. And, it feels (for the most part) wonderful.
Possibly coming in the near future? www.365thingsproject.com
Maybe?! Who knows. Everyone who reads these posts, comments and shares their experiences makes me feel so grateful to be connected to such an amazing group of divine beings. It makes the sometimes long days of motherhood feel not so lonely. It allows me to really see the very best in so many of the women I have come to admire – women from all over the world. It makes me feel connected.
So, I am not going to stop. I am going to keep writing. I am going to keep sharing.
I am going to #carryonwarrior
Thank you, Lindsay. ❤